CARTO empowers everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers visual insights on where things happen, why they happen and predicts what will happen in the future. We accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt business models through the use of Location Intelligence (LI).
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office.
- Initiative and eagerness to learn.
- Curiosity, energy, and a collaborative mindset. Our product team works very closely. We discuss a lot, we help each other and we make sure that everything we build makes contextual sense.
- A “get the job done” attitude. We believe in our mission and always want to push things forward. Test, release things, and keep improving.
As a frontend developer in CARTO you will build and improve the applications and libraries that power our platform. You will contribute to solve our customer problems using Location Intelligence.
We are currently working on Airship, a UI library aimed to accelerate the development of Location Intelligence apps. We provide CSS styles and Web Components that can be used with any framework so our customers can integrate our solutions and top-notch design into their applications.
We are building CARTO VL, our WebGL vector library to take map rendering to the next level.
You will contribute to Builder, our solution that helps our users make visualizations using an intuitive UI. It is a powerful application, whose frontend is built with Backbone. You will dive in legacy code to understand and improve Builder.
We deeply believe in helping our users. You will write documentation, guides and examples to ease the adoption of our libraries. You will receive feedback from our partners to improve our work. You will help our support teammates from time to time.
We are starting to work on new products where the frontend is a key part. We plan to implement them with Vue.js We don’t chase the latest shiny object in technology. We believe on choosing carefully the right tools that solve our problems and when we do it we try to make the most of it.
We have a passion for clean code. We achieve that through collaboration. At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. We'd love to get to know you even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Quarterly internal hackathons to unleash your creativity working on improving CARTO
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a self-built arcade and cinema :)
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.