Senior Account Executive
CARTO is growing our North American Sales team and looking for a creative and tech-savvy sales professional to help us take the business to the next level.
Do you have a passion for solving interesting customer problems with data and analytics? Do you love maps and geospatial apps? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success selling software for analytics, BI, data science, or GIS? If so we want to talk to you!
CARTO is the global leading platform for analyzing location data, and putting it in the hands of business users to help them make decisions, solve problems, and improve their business. From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the location intelligence (LI) space.
- Be a key part of a rapidly growing high performing sales team
- Be responsible for creating opportunities through outbound prospecting and for managing deals throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and match them to the CARTO value proposition
- Collaborate closely with other team members to evangelize, close and enable customers in your territory
- Actively and accurately maintain and forecast your pipeline
- Work hard and have fun
- Proven success in a software sales or business development capacity in the data science, BI and analytics space, preferably focused on geospatial and location data.
- A passion for solving customer problems with data and analytics
- Expertise in GIS, business intelligence, and data science / analytics.
- Experience working on creative, solution-oriented sales and BD activities
- A track record of consistent sales and business development target attainment
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re self-motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision
- An ability to learn quickly and provide detailed solution information to prospects and clients
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.